My life where it’s been and where it’s going. | Teen Ink

My life where it’s been and where it’s going.

Living in New York Is quite an interesting experience. It is totally different then where I used to live in California. The winters here are quite brutal. It snows a lot here and it can get pretty cold. I like it up here I enjoy the snow a lot and it doesn’t get to brutally hot. I miss the ocean so much. There is no ocean up here. I miss ocean activities like boogie boarding or surfing; I miss surfing the most because I was so good at it. I was at the beach every day surfing or just hanging out soaking up the rays or just hanging with the friends. I think I miss surfing the most. It was the nicest just sitting in the water with your surfboard and letting the sun beat down on you, a nice cool breeze keeping you cool while waiting for the perfect wave to come by you so you can catch it and ride it to the shore line. Then paddle back out and do the same thing over and over again. Where I used to live in California right on the beach there was a pier. It was really big, it had a lifeguard head quarters it had a U.S Coast Guard tower, and a restaurant at the end of it called “Johnny Rockets”. Its has a 50’s theme, it was a super fun place to hang out and grab a bite to eat. Huntington Beach had a crime rate that is super low. The crime in that city/town was low so you could raise your children there and you can raise a family. I remember if you look in the water you can see oil platform in the middle of the ocean, and they were drilling up oil and it was so pretty looking at the oil platform when the sun sets. So pretty much what I’m trying to say is, California is way better than New York. New York is a beautiful place with great scenery and sweet wildlife, it just doesn’t add up to where my heart is, California. When I graduate high school I plan in joining the coast guard. When you are in the coast guard you get a choice were you want to be stationed if the area is available, and I plan on getting stationed in southern California, like San Diego. I want to be a beach bum and surf everyday, it would be sweet to sleep on the beach a sleeping with a sleeping bag. Except I would look like a homeless person so that wouldn’t be good. When I live back there I’m going to be the happiest guy in the world because, I will be living back where I always missed for my whole life. I can’t wait I won’t wait I wish I was back there and I hate waiting for this time to come.

Christian Sams