Cell Phones in School | Teen Ink

Cell Phones in School

April 23, 2008
By Anonymous

What is wrong with cell phones being allowed in school? There are advantages and disadvantages to having cell phones in school. I personally think that cell phones should be allowed in school.


Students should be allowed to bring their cell phones in school because when a parent needs to get a hold of a child and they call the school, they get the voicemail of the school. You never get to talk to anybody. Schools must not check the voicemails. So if the student had their cell phones then the parents can just text them the problem. That is one-reason kids should be able to have cell phones in school.


School emergencies are a big reason kids should be able to have their cell phones in school. For example on 9/11/2002 students were calling their parents and telling them that they were ok. The students that didn’t have a cell phone their parents were worried to death. That’s why kids should be able to have cell phones in school, in case of a school emergency.


Some disadvantages to having cell phones in school are cheating during tests. Don’t let this discourage you because an easy solution to this is having kids put their cell phones in their lockers while a test is going on.