My blog & inspiration.

One of the questions that I’m most often asked is very simple - “What inspires you?”

To be honest, I’m never sure how to answer. You might as well ask me what the meaning of life is.

I have a personal blog. To me, a blog site isn’t just a website for socializing and skimming through virtual pages of pictures. It’s an outlet.

Kind of like an “outlet” to plug my life, my feelings, and my thoughts into, often resulting in high electrical voltage due to all the pressure and mixed emotions that are fused into this little blog of mine.

And the electrical spark that sets this blog on fire? My inspiration to write.

While I’m waiting for the train to come or dazing out in math class, I take mental notes about topics that I could easily write about later. Lately, my flow of inspiration has been evaporating in a drought.

What’s there to write about when I feel like I’ve already brainstormed a metaphor for every ouce of my being? Where do I find inspiration to write if there’s nothing inspiring to write about?

Reality is, inspiration is everywhere.

The heavenly lasanga you ate at a diner last weekend could’ve inspired you to cook and become a world famous chef. Your secret crush in your 3rd period class probably inspires you to brush your hair for once and spend a little more time getting ready in the morning. Even the gentle blue shade of a Tiffany blue box sky can inspire you to appreciate life a little better.

Inspiration is like some magical fruit potion. Not only can it benefit your well-being, it can give you the strength to open closed doors or unscrew closed lids, revealing untasted cookies.

Who knows? Maybe you’ll give your heart to something new, or dedicate your soul into improving something you already loved.

So think back. What inspired you today?

TurtleShellTristani This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is amazing. very poetic, mystic and true. check out my stories. maybe we'll inspire each other

annbug said...

Hey! What's your blog called?

And I love your descriptions by the way :)

luv_icecream said...
Wow! This was awesome, I loved the way you wrote about inspiration in a really interesting way :D 

Audrey A. replied...
May 29, 2010 at 12:46 am
Thank-you! :)