You Promised Me | Teen Ink

You Promised Me

October 15, 2007
By Anonymous

You promised me that in life I'm going to face some hard times in life, I always thought you would be there, but you weren't. You promised me that you would be the best mother a child could ever ask for, but you lied to me, you weren't really there. You promised me that you would listen to me, whenever I had a problem, but you blocked me out so many times, and left me alone feeling sad. You promised me that you would provide for me a place to sleep, but you didn't because I found out I was pregnant. You promised me that you wouldn't let him molest me anymore, but you did. You said that you needed the money to pay off the rest of your bills. You promised me that you would never leave, but you lied, you said everything just got to hard for you to bare. You promised me that I can always call on you whenever I'am down, but I can't because I found out that you were dead. You promised me that you wouldn't let him hurt me again, but you did it took me some years to finally stop blaming myself for what he did to me, and move on. You promised me that there was going to be a better tomorrow, but it wasn't I felt like I was living in hell having to face so many situations one after the next. You promised me that you would always love me no matter what, but you don't you paid more attention to the younger two kids than me. You promised me that people would stop judging me from the outside, but what it in the inside, but how can I tell they just look at me and then turn their own way. You promised me that you would always keep my secrets between us, but how can I ever trust you again you bout told everyone you knew.You promised me that you would meet me in Heaven, but you would meet me in Heaven, but you didn't you made all of those promises, but not one did you keep, how could you do me like that, I promised you that I would never do that to anyone, and that is what I kept.