How Headphones Lead to Hearing Damage | Teen Ink

How Headphones Lead to Hearing Damage

By hailey wood BRONZE, Cannonfalls, Minnesota
hailey wood BRONZE, Cannonfalls, Minnesota

“What was that, I can’t hear you!”. This is what the majority of people say when asked a simple question. People in today’s society love to crank up the volume when ever a catchy tune starts to play. I’m here to tell you even though it is a blast your severely damaging your eardrums. Their are three very important factors that have to deal with damaging eardrums. What is inside headphones, what is caused by listening to headphones, and how to prevent any injuries from occurring.
There are many things inside a simple headphone. Each ear bud consists of a plastic shell. A gray cable and thin mesh shield covers a miniature speaker device. The ear bud has three pieces. Each are in between the gray and white plastic. A thin layer of smoky plastic is found inside the shield. With a copper ring in its center. Once the foam and glue is loosened a knotted wire is in the devices speaker wire. There are six venting holes which are covered in foam. What can headphones can do is a major threat to our health and wellbeing.
What is caused by listening to headphones to loud is better explained by telling the thing that is consistent with the topic. The risk of hearing damage from headphones is higher than with loud speakers. Two types of hearing damage can result from exposure that is to loud. Listening to music in a unhealthy fashion can have big impact on your ears.
To help you better understand how hearing loss happens, I will tell you what goes on inside the ear. Hearing loss happens in the inner ear when high energy sound waves, rippling through ear fluid, over stimulates and kill hair cells. When the band of frequencies is destroyed, those frequencies are no longer heard. The high frequency hair cells are super sensitive. This means that you will no longer be able to hear the slightest noise.
Now that you know what is caused by listening to headphones, I will tell you how to prevent any injuries from occurring while listening to headphones loudly. I will tell you how to prevent any injuries from occurring. So do you want to keep hearing?. Here is a thought, turn down the volume! According to the article published in Time Magazine, (People who listen to music at a lower volume will have their hearing longer than a person who listens to music at a higher volume.) To better help protect your ears you should look for media players with volume limiters.
While listening to concerts wear ear protection so the sound doesn’t ruin your eardrums. You should also wear ear protection while mowing, using machinery or playing a loud instrument. All of the things that I have mentioned will surely help you out in the long run. What is inside headphones, what is caused by listening to headphones to loud, and how to prevent any injuries from occurring while listening to headphones to loud. This is what the majority of people say when asked a simple question.
“What was that, I can’t hear you!” You don’t want to end up like that, trust me so protect you ears , and remember it the music’s to loud they ‘re not old your just deaf .