Show Some Pride! | Teen Ink

Show Some Pride!

What is pride? Even though we cannot see it, pride should be something we all feel. We each have our own idea as to the meaning of true pride. However, I cannot think of a better way to show pride than by helping my town and community. My community is not the greatest in the world, and trying to benefit this place is extremely necessary. Really, when you think about it, contributing to helping is an easy thing to do. This could consist of picking up little pieces of trash or planting flowers. Of course, a town isn't going to miraculously turn on its' edge by planting a tulip, and this is not implying that at all. I am just trying to instill the idea that anything and everything will help. Once the town is clean, more people may start showing more interest, and do even more odd jobs. Repairing shops, bringing in more business, helping the needy, things like that. Once all that is done, you're going to have one great town. After you get your community to this high standard of excellence, just think.... this all started by thinking about the definition of pride.