Homosexuals | Teen Ink

Homosexuals

May 11, 2010
By Anonymous

So I’m sure everybody has seen at least one Disney movie in their life time. If you have seen one you know the general plot of it. There is a woman who falls in love with a man and then the man saves her from something or another and then they live happily ever after. Everyone has this idea of a perfect world where the man and woman and live happily ever after; but in reality there are very few of these “happily ever afters.” Sometimes the man doesn’t even fall in love with a woman; instead he falls in love with another man, or vise versa. These circumstances should not be seen as wrongs in society and should also not be looked down upon.


First I’m going to tell you about religious beliefs and homosexuals. For all of the people out there reading this that believes in God has your religious teacher never told you to love your neighbor as yourself. Or maybe that you should not judge others or you will be judged just as hard back. I am going now to tell you a story of a gay couple in the bible. It is the story of Jonathan and David. 1 Samuel 18: 1-4 “‘When David had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was bound to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. Saul took him that day and would not let him return to his father’s house. Then Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own soul. Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that he was wearing, and gave it to David, and his armor, and even his sword and his bow and his belt.’” 1 Samuel 20: 41-42 “‘As soon as the boy had gone, David rose from beside the stone heap and prostrated himself with his face to the ground. He bowed three times, and they kissed each other, and wept with each other; David wept the more. Then Jonathan said to David, “Go in peace, since both of us have sworn in the name of the LORD, saying ‘The LORD shall be between me and you, and between my descendants and your descendants, forever.’” He got up and left; and Jonathan went into the city.’” To me these passages really show that these two men shared an intimate relationship that would compare to common day homosexuals. It also to me proves that God didn’t frown upon homosexuals because I believe that if God did he could have easily talked to his disciples while they were writing the scriptures and told them not to write that story.


Next is how homosexuals are accepted in society. Luckily they are becoming more accepted with time. And I and I’m sure many others hope that that continues. Unfortunately homosexuality is still considered deviant by many in the American society.


Another thing to think about is how a gay or lesbian person would be any different from someone who has had a sex change. A gay or lesbian person is attracted to the same sex, which is what makes them different. A person that has had a sex change feels that they were created wrong, or in the wrong sex, and they want to change that. So they have the operation done and they are then attracted to the same sex that they once were. To me that is not much different; although I do not support them as much because I feel that we are all Gods creations and he made each one of us the way we are, because that’s how he wanted us to be. I hope you consider all of the things that I have told you and I challenge you all to see past the happily ever afters to the real world and accept homosexuals.