The One and Only Embarrassing Hot Tub | Teen Ink

The One and Only Embarrassing Hot Tub

The One and Only Embarrassing Hot Tub

4 Red

“Shannon, Scott is coming over with his kids to go swimming soon!” yelled my dad from across the house.

“Okay!” I yelled back. Scott came over very often, because he is my dad’s very good friend.

I was sitting, watching TV with my friend named Erin who had come over to have a sleepover. We soon decided that watching TV was very boring, so we went outside to jump on the trampoline. It had rained the night before, and it was cold today. By the time we were done jumping, our feet were red and numb, so we decided to put our feet in the hot tub in my pool house.

“Ah, this feels so good!” I sighed as I eased my feet into the hot tub. My feet felt like there were needles poking into then from the sudden change of temperature, but it still felt amazing. In fact, both Erin and I thought it felt so good that we decided to take our pants off and walk around (in the hot tub).

Then, something caught my eye. It was Scott and his three kids! I could see them walking towards us through the glass doors of the pool house. I started to panic, and soon realized that we were too late to make a run for it. As soon as Scott reached for the door, Erin and I sat down, having no other options. We sat there for a while, just watching Scott and his kids. We didn’t bring towels, and it would have been very strange if we walked past him, all wet and in our underwear.

Scott soon realized that Erin and I were in the pool house, and realized that we were sitting in the hot tub. Luckily, he offered us his towels. Let me tell you, it was extremely awkward walking out in our underwear, but we soon escaped the eyes of Scott and his kids.

I will never forget that embarrassing moment and I doubt that Scott will either.