Piercing Eyes | Teen Ink

Piercing Eyes

By Aislinn SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Aislinn SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Someone’s eyes tell a lot about life experiences and personality. Everyone in my family has blue eyes, but everyone is different. All the same, while being so different. My dad has eyes like a summer evening, dark blue and still. Quiet, but loving and supportive. The summer evening embraces you and pulls you in. It’s intriguing. He is always there standing strong, making sure the world is in balance, keeping everything in check. My mom has ocean eyes. Ocean eyes that are are calm through the storms. Ocean eyes that are salty sweet like the rolling waves. When she smiles the light from the sun reflects off the ocean. My mom’s eyes calm me like the ocean waves lapping softly on the shore. She looks at me and I know everything will be okay. Connor’s eyes are a piercing blue. Strong and sharp, just like his personality. It is impossible to lie to him. His eyes penetrate through your soul. He can make you laugh, but behind the jokes you can see the power in his eyes. And then there is me. Sweet, innocent, blue eyes. Eyes like a blue sky day. A care-free summer afternoon with light shining through the windows. My blue eyes may seem naïve and innocent, but I have a strength inside that shines through.