6 Year Old Crush | Teen Ink

6 Year Old Crush

By FoxGirl SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin
FoxGirl SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin

All that I'm after is a life full of laughter.

It was a sunny day, on a yellow school bus. I was the new shiny toy, for all the girls and boys. With my short boyish hair. Then he said, “hey you!” My head whipped around to see a boy with dark brown eyes and hair to match. The words wouldn’t come out. Again, “Hey you, do you like Luke McG.?” Suddenly someone was shaking me. “Ashley, answer him.” I had liked Luke. But then it changed. Everything changed.
That boy became my 7th grade crush. But it didn’t stop there, no it didn’t stop there. 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade, then like that he vanished. I began to fall apart. I had never grown to be my own person. I was known as the girl hopelessly in love with him. So 11th grade was my year to figure it out. To move on alone without him.
And now I’m a senior, I’ve got 3 months left. Once about 2 years ago just before he left… We had one real talk, one really nice talk. He said we’d never talk again…but he did say there was a chance we might. And that never left the back of my mind.
But in the last couple months, I’ve asked myself a question; what is it that made me hold on so long? Why did I like him in the first place? Is it cause when I used to see him I’d get butterflies? 6 years ago, the first year that I meant him, the only year I got to really know him…So why did I hold on so long?

This was about a boy I had the longest crush on.