Ben is too Tall | Teen Ink

Ben is too Tall

By Luke McGhee SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Luke McGhee SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin

Ben M. is a seven foot God in the eyes of many. Each day is the same for Ben. He wakes up uncomfortably. His legs hang off the edge of the bed. He hits his head. He eats. However, this isn’t any regular meal, but rather a dozen eggs, a pound of bacon, and an assortment of different fruits and vegetables. Not to mention his protein shake he calls “The Abuser.” Life is somewhat difficult for Ben. Being officially termed a “giant,” Ben feels as if he is different from the rest of the crowd. However, on the basketball court, this doesn’t matter. The beast himself averages a triple double each game. At school is a different story though; the doors are too small for Ben and he has bruises and bumps on his forehead, making his face look like moguls. Not only is this an intimidation factor, but also a classification for Frankenstein. Every day a new term. Ben sorrows.

Next week Ben enters the doors of the Kohl Center and hits his head. What can he do? Life isn’t suitable for people his size. In the championship game, Ben has three dunks and is now termed “The Champion.” After the game Ben is getting onto the bus and hits his head. This time he collapses and is unconscious. There is nothing he can do.