the day and life of a day care lady | Teen Ink

the day and life of a day care lady

By mccrewla SILVER, Kent, Washington
mccrewla SILVER, Kent, Washington

Beverly Horner has 5 grand children, and owns a daycare she was very successful but the business is heading down hill with tight money and economy problems.

The life of a day care lady is a fun time, but can be hard and stressful at times. She gets ready for the day. When the first child or kids shows up she starts the day and life as a daycare lady. When all the kids are there and me and my sister and friends have gone off to school, that’s when the fun begins.
She takes care of the babies and the toddlers she plays with them and feeds them and talks to them. When the parents come to take them home she gets to relax and do things she needs to do that she can’t fit into the day. Then she goes off to bed and has to get up the next morning and does same thing for the same day for five times a week.
When one of the kids is sick or not having a good day she has to make sure that they are away from the others so very child doesn’t get sick. When they have bad days she has to make sure that they are happy and not mad or crying. When they are sick most people keep their kids home but if they can’t get the day off to keep them home then they take them to daycare and the daycare lady has to deal with it.

Beverly has owned a daycare ever since she moved here from somewhere down in Buckley, about 25 years ago.

this is abou me grandma