Future? | Teen Ink

Future?

By NeverShoutLisa SILVER, Mountain Home, Arkansas
NeverShoutLisa SILVER, Mountain Home, Arkansas

In Life, there are tears, smiles & memories. The tears dry, the smiles fade, but the memories last forever.

My future, as of now, is unclear. In three months and five days, ill be eighteen, the legal age to buy cigarettes in America and the legal age to drink in Australia, France, and Mexico. None of that currently matters to me seeing as I don’t drink, nor do I smoke. There are a few things that Id like to accomplish in my short time here on earth. Id love to graduate high school, travel abroad, and become a famous musician, all before my time on earth is done.
I’ve been told all my life that I’m never going to accomplish much, and I’m determined to change that. Except for History and English, my grades have never been very good, but this year all that is going to change. I’m working hard toward my goal to graduate. Last year, I had been told that I was going to be counted as a junior again, which changed my whole perspective on things. I realized that I wasn’t going to be graduating with the people I’ve known since the sixth grade and that the people I was going to be attending classes with will all be a year younger then me, if not more. My main goal is to graduate with the class of twenty-eleven and to make my actual senior year the greatest possible.
I’ve always loved to travel. Ever since I was eight years old, I’ve driven every summer with my mother and at least one of my sisters to the west coast to visit our family. We’ve always had a good time on these trips, and I’ve realized that I’d love to take a group of friends and travel abroad, seeing all the sites we could take in. My friends and I are a big group of odd-balls, and we love to have fun. I plan to go to England and walk around Trafalgar square, taking photos of the four lions guarding Nelson’s Column, watching all the pigeons fly, and just taking it all in. Traveling abroad could open up new doors for me; it could show me that Mountain Home isn’t the center of the earth.
Music; My life and escape. Ever since age six, music has been there for me. I remember running around with my friends, dancing and screaming the lyrics to our favorite Britney Spears song at the time. As I got older, music became more of an outlet then anything else. I’m constantly writing a new song or playing with my band, Them Guys & That One Girl. I have a good feeling about our music; I know that we’re going to get somewhere.
I’m only a junior in high school, but I know that I have some great times ahead of me. I’m going to graduate high school with the class of twenty-eleven, travel abroad with a group of great friends, and become a famous musician. I may live in a small town but I have some big city dreams, and for me, the sky is the limit.