my object | Teen Ink

my object

By Bert McCracken BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bert McCracken BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico

Pendent of St. Andrew
My life took a turn for the better when I found my pendent of St. Andrew. It became important to me when I was in 3rd grade but I received it when I was baptized. My pendent offers me strength and courage when I’m feeling weak or scared. With the protection of my guardian angel, St. Andrew, I will be able to overcome every obstacle that stands in my way.
My pendent started to become of value to me in the 3rd grade. The pendent was actually given to me when I was baptized but it took me until I was in 3rd grade to finally discover how much the pendent would help me. My pendent is like a pinky toe, you don’t know how useful it is until you really need it. Once I found it I found myself with the courage to do things that I haven’t done before like taking a big jump on my bike or singing louder in music class. I knew that nothing bad would happen to me because my guardian angel would be watching over me.
My pendent doesn’t only give me courage it gives me strength. This year I decided to take a purity vow and whenever I start to think “this is stupid how am I going to do this?” I look down at my pendent of St. Andrew and pray for him to give me the strength to fulfill my vow. Having this pendent is like having a constant supply of steroids for my soul, whenever I’m feeling doubtful or skeptic I pray to St. Andrew to help me through my hard time. My pendent gave me the strength to take solo’s in jazz band and try playing new instruments but more importantly it gave me the confidence to be proud and stand up for my religion.
The pendent of St. Andrew has helped me make many decisions. I am only 13 and it has made me make some life changing choices. For instance the choice to leave soccer and pursue a life focused around music. It has also given me the confidence to purse a pure life. When you get help from your guardian angel is like being on cloud nine, you feel like nothing bad can happen to you and you know that something with a higher power is watching you and protecting you.
With the help of my guardian angel I can overcome any obstacle that stands in my way. If you really want something and you try your hardest to get it you will succeed. And with the support of a guardian angel it will make succeeding a whole lot easier.