The Big Bang Theory | Teen Ink

The Big Bang Theory

By Nina Calic BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
Nina Calic BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

Have you ever asked yourself, how the world was created? Maybe you’ve heard about the Big Bang theory? Or maybe, you’re religious, and you ignore science. Well, you aren’t alone. This topic is controversial, and is a debatable subject. Because most people are somewhat religious, the Big Bang is not a popular idea to consider. In fact, 84% of America, and 79% of Europe is Christian. Because science does have a proper amount of evidence, everybody should be open-minded in these ideas. Who knows? Maybe the Bing Bang theory will one day become a law. The Big Bang theory is what created the world because it has evidence to support it and is entirely science.
So, what’s exactly is the Big Bang theory? It is a theory about how the Universe was created. Scientists have discovered that the Universe did actually have a beginning, and they believe it is still growing. Our universe began as a singularity around 13.7 billion years ago. Singularities are thought to exist at the core of “black holes.” Black holes are areas with intense gravitational pressure. So intense that the finitive matter is squished into infinitive density. Those zones are singularities. Nobody knows where they came from, or why they appeared.
A common misconception is that the Big Bang was an explosion, when really, the matter just appeared. No one really knows how, or why. The universe is also actually started very small, and very hot and expanded, cooling itself to our universe now. It’s actually still expanding today. Another misconception is that singularity was a fireball that appeared in space. Actually, singularity didn’t even exist in space, but that space began inside singularity.
The evidence of the Big Bang theory is first that the universe did have a beginning for certain. Second, “Hubble’s law” stated that galaxies appear to be moving away from us proportional to their distance. This suggests that the universe was once compacted, and that it’s still expanding. And third, the “light elements” hydrogen and helium support the Big Bang model of origins.
So, what about God? Isn’t he the creator the Universe? Again, no one knows. The study of cosmogony is important when you think about this. Cosmogony is the study of the origin of the universe. Theology and science are so important to cosmogony, because creation is a supernatural event. Scientists don’t have enough evidence to say the Big Bang theory is exactly how the Universe was created, nor that God is the creator of it.
With the evidence and the logic, the Big Bang theory has good chance of being correct. I find it quite strange that in 1927, a German priest Georges Lemaitre was the first to propose the Big Bang theory that the universe began with the explosion of a primitive atom. A priest, someone who believes in God, would propose such an idea? An idea that has everything to do with science, and little to do with God. Of course, some people may believe that God created that atom, or matter that sparked a whole new universe. I watched a video a long time ago, and a priest was saying how science and religion could have a tie, and this may be true. People have to choose what they believe in.
Now, I have always been a firm believer in science, never a religious person. To tell you the truth, I actually don’t believe in God. Naturally, I would believe in the Big Bang theory. I mean, what is the whole point of God, when there is little evidence such a thing is possible? I respect religion, and am moved by the ideas, but I cannot hold the belief of God. Let’s just say, I have yet to find faith.
The Big Bang theory is something one has to consider on their own beliefs and interpretations. People have to be open minded and consider the idea, but they don’t have to believe it. What I think people should do is listen to the theories, no matter how religious they are. The Big Bang theory has enough evidence to count as something that created the world, and people should understand that. No matter what you think, something created the world, so why not just believe the Big Bang?

When I was younger, I watched a show on televsion about the Big Bang theory, and was amazed. Now, I always think, how did the world begin? Well, I wrote a persuasive essay, supporting the Big Bang theory, and I hope you're convinced.

I want to say thank you because your article inspired me to do my essay to do it on the Big Bang Theory

Bones96 BRONZE said...
Bones96 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

Life isn't about finding yourself it's about creating yourself-

I believe you are right in some points that you made. I agree that the Big Bang theory is a very possiable theory. I also agree the people should think it through logically. However I have learned a lot of people don't do this but also some sciencist believe in God as well as Science I don't think it's you can believe one but not the other. Also in the note you said 'I hope you're conviced' I think we can give others the facts but it's up to them to choose. We shouldn't tell other what to believe or convice them one way or the other. I'm sure you wouldn't want a stranger trying to convice you that the Big bang theory is all made up. Just something to think about.