Dear John letter. | Teen Ink

Dear John letter.

By armygirl22 GOLD, Brandon, Florida
armygirl22 GOLD, Brandon, Florida

i finally understand what true love really means. love means that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.

Dear John,

I'm not gonna sit here and say how much I miss you and how bad it hurts me that you're gone, because it doesn't hurt me anymore. You've been gone, and I'm not gonna sit here and beg you to come back to me. I'm not a four year old child who wines and gets what she wants. But what I would love is for us to be friends again, and maybe one day, become what we used to be, because what we had, was something special. I guess by the title of this that you already know whats coming. No, I have not fallen for another man, but I have moved on. I've moved on, and you've given me that strength. I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I've been for you in the past three years of my life. You've shared a great deal of pain with me, and some happiness, too. You've helped me so much in my lifetime. You've given me the inspiration for everything I have ever done, and for that, I'm forever greatful. This is not the end for me and you, my heart screams that at me. It knows that somewhere down the path of life, we're going to meet again, and I'm gonna fall back in love with you, because all it takes is one look into your beautiful blue eyes, and I'm lost. Well, I guess I've said all that I've needed to say, but all I really want to tell you, is that, I'm sorry. Sorry for everything I've ever caused in your life that was not a good thing. But I'm never going to be sorry for loving you. I'm gonna be happy that I did. You were my everything, all I can say is this;

Please shine a light on me, and guide me home.

I realized I was over my ex boyfriend, who is in the army, and everyone knows what a Dear John letter is about. He'll never read this, and that upsets me.