on Love and Romeo and Juliet | Teen Ink

on Love and Romeo and Juliet

By preebabesz BRONZE, Victor, Florida
preebabesz BRONZE, Victor, Florida

Life is filled with unpredictable twists and turns. One may set a particular course for his or her life but sometimes fate decides to mix in various elements that change one’s intended plan. As fate would have it, the lives of Romeo and Juliet have inevitably crossed and if they are allowed to openly marry, positive results will bear fruit. If both families examine the situation objectively, they would realize that a marriage between Romeo and Juliet would create peace. Love as a cause of violence in Romeo and Juliet. The premise of death and violence fill through Romeo and Juliet, and they are always linked to passion, whether that passion is love or hate. The connection between hate, violence, and death seems apparent. But the connection between love and violence calls for further investigation.

Love, in Romeo and Juliet, is a striking passion, and as such it is blinding; it can overwhelm a person as powerfully and completely as hate can. The passionate love between Romeo and Juliet is linked from the moment of its clashes with death. Examples of such: Tybalt spots Romeo at the party and sets his sights on killing him. Just as Romeo catches sight of Juliet and falls instantly in love with her. From that point on, love seems to push the lovers closer to love and violence, not farther from it. Romeo and Juliet are overwhelmed with thoughts of suicide, and a willingness to experience it. Later, in the play Romeo reveals a knife in Friar Lawrence’s cell and threatens to kill himself after he has been banished from Verona and is separated from his love. Juliet also pulls a knife in order to take her own life in Friar Lawrence’s presence just a couple of scenes later also. After Lord Capulet settles that Juliet will marry Paris, Juliet declares she knows a remedy, " if all else fails" to which she's referring suicide. This theme continues until its inevitable conclusion: double suicide. This tragic choice is the most immense, most potent expression of passion that Romeo and Juliet can make. It is only through their demise that they can preserve their love, and their love is so profound that they are willing to end their lives in its defense. In the play, love comes as an unscrupulous thing, leading as much to destruction as to happiness.

Furthermore, love should be the factor that determines the fate that determines the fate of Romeo and Juliet. When ever something is forced or applied with pressure, there’s not only tension and trauma. But the circumstances influenced by the forcing result in negative outcomes. An example of such is when Lord Capulet gives Juliet an ultimatum to basically marry Paris or be disowned. While the burden of fulfilling her parents desires goes down the drain, when she goes to Friar Lawrence in desperation because not only is she married but her husband is banished. In order to evade the second marriage the religious priest concocts a plan with a potion to help her dodge the ceremony. The plan follows out and all goes well. She eventually ends up in the tomb with the cloak of death over her. However, the plan comes at an abrupt halt when Romeo is given misleading information on Juliet, consequently he commits suicide. A rude awakening soon followed when Juliet awoke to her beloved dead on her side. Which caused her to take her life also. In conclusion all of this could have been prevented if Romeo and Juliet were given the opportunity to an open marriage. Marriages are a bond between two people bound together by trust and love. So forcing or arranging marriages that aren’t consented by one of the spouses can lead to a failing relationship from the start. Another obstacle would be marriage is death do us apart so spending your whole life with someone you were forced to be with can cause severe damage on every level. Beginning from emotional damage, physical harm, and misery to all. So all in all marriage shouldn’t be forced or arranged. In conclusion, an open marriage would lead to peace, bliss, and solace amid the family and community. Marriage based on a foundation of love, compassion, understanding, and respect will have positive results for all., especially the bride and groom.