Inspiration | Teen Ink

Inspiration

By Deanna Tocco GOLD, Congers, New York
Deanna Tocco GOLD, Congers, New York

Being inspired is a normal occurrence; it having an impact on your life is a rare occasion. During our years of school, teachers give us the rocks but we have to decide how far we will throw them. It’s a long journey that will hopefully lead us to the bright light at the end of the road: our future. Some teachers that we meet along the way make us stumble and we have to put extra effort just to stand up. Others are the downwards hills where you can slide right down without a thought in your mind. There are those teachers who put the rivers in front of you and challenge you; they will remain in your mind always. The few that believe that you will cross it and are there all along are the ones that impact your life forever.
I am a writer; that is my given ability. I have had this talent my whole life but never wanted to believe it. My confidence used to be low and my happiness used to be dull. There were two teachers that I have had that helped me break through my shell and helped me become the confident, changed person I am today. They are my7th and 8th grade English teachers Mr. Mastropolo and Mr. Deming. They gave me the push and the outlook I needed. Mr. Mastropolo was a fantastic teacher who I admired; his class was tough but his class got me to realize the incredible student that lay inside of me. I had straight A’s all year. He challenged us beyond belief, and while some hated, I respected and will never forget. Mr. Deming was my 8th grade teacher who I still see often. He was the one who gave me the true skills for my writing. He always told us that effort could get you a long way and he was right. During my years of high school I’ve used many of the skills that he taught me. He is a fantastic teacher who could always make me laugh. He had the sense of reality that all students desperately need and everyday he tried to share facts about the world we were living in. Mr. Mastropolo helped me realize the potential I had and Mr. Deming helped me make it reality. Both teachers helped me move on in life and inspired and truly impacted my life.
An inspiration comes from the heart. The people that truly touch it are the ones that can impact your life forever.

Deanna Tocco GOLD, Congers, New York
thank you :)

love_laugh_dream_24 SILVER, Merrill, Iowa
Your story is amazing. It really makes me want to be a better person about who I want to be. My 8th grade teacher Mrs. Shostak has helped me relize that you can't go through life unnoticed. I love you story and keep writing