Forgiveness | Teen Ink

Forgiveness

What do you think about when you hear the word forgiveness? Well to me forgiveness is a big part in my life. To me forgiveness is when you are telling someone that you are sorry for doing an action that to them physically or mentally. There are a lot of definitions of forgiveness.
I’m a Christian and when I go to church the priest is always reminding us that it is very important to forgive peoples sins or things that they have done to hurt you. If you do not forgive someone then later on in life you will think back and say to yourself “hmm why didn’t I forgive that person when it wasn’t that big of a deal” You learn to forgive from the time your little to the time your 80 yrs old.
Also I think that trust also comes in when I think about forgiveness because if you are betrayed then it takes awhile to get that persons trust back and forgive them for what they have done to you. For example let’s say that your boyfriend has cheated on you with you r best friend. Well you have dumped him for cheating, but he still wants you back. It’s going to take some time for you to forgive and trust him because he has betrayed you. You have to think to yourself do you really want to forgive him for what he did to you and let it keep happening or just let him suffer?
Right now you could be thinking “Yea I am never going to forgive him” Well that’s not a good sign because then later on like I said you are going to feel sorry you didn’t. Forgiveness is the key to be happy with yourself and with other around you.
So as you read this what do you now think about when you hear the world forgiveness? I hope that this has changed your perspective in how you think and how you act when you are forgiving someone that has hurt you because take it from me its not that hard.