Career Changes | Teen Ink

Career Changes

Dee is one of the laziest people ever! She doesn’t like to do things for people; people need to do things for her. If she doesn’t get what she wants she has an attitude. We act so much alike that’s how you can tell she’s my older sister! Dee is one picky person. If she’s not happy no one is. She has had 5 jobs since she has been 16 and she is only 19 so that’s like a new job every year. Her first job was the best she was always happy and loved going to work. She was assistant manager and almost manager. She got paid well and the plus side is she worked with all of her friends. She lost her job because they went bankrupt and everyone lost their job rite along with her. She was jobless for almost a year till she finally got a job at Treasure Island. She worked front desk which means she helped people check in and out of the hotel. But she’s not the nicest person when it comes to other peoples problems. They had her working graveyard shift which ment she worked at 10 pm to 6 am. That gave her no life. She would come home sleep until she had to wake up that night to go to work, and she would do it everyday. No one ever saw her during the day. She hated it so much she didn’t get along with anyone she worked with. Dee got so fed up that one day she just told her boss off. This obviously got her fired. She didn’t care she threw papers in her bosses face and said some unkind words then she left. She came home with the biggest smile on her face. Once again she was jobless but she told me that she would rather be jobless then to have a job that she hates and makes her mad.

We had to write an article in my english class about someones career transition.
Editor's note: names have been changed.