Monopoly | Teen Ink

Monopoly MAG

I step out of the car feeling engulfed in unfamiliarity. I try to catch up with some of my friends, but mutter to myself, "Don't worry, you'll catch them later." My hands find their way into my jacket pockets, seeking refuge from the cold weather. As my feet unwillingly walk up the long, stone pathway, I look up and see who's around. Hmm, no one I really know, I think to myself. My mind is now thinking randomly about everything from the weekend homework to the in-depth conversation I had with my friend about the meaning of life. Just before I reach the edge of the building, I suddenly remember my hat. Reflexively, my hand grabs it off my head and stuffs it into the most accessible pocket. I take a deep breath through my nose, and let it out through my mouth. My arm reaches out and my cold fingers open as I grasp the freezing metal bar attached to the red steel door. I pull the door

ajar just enough to crawl through, and let it crash behind me as I hop into the stairwell. A blast of warm air hits my face and after a few seconds I am able to breathe normally through my nose. I take my first step up the stairway and suddenly , BLACKOUT.

After about six hours, I find myself outside again. Good, it's a little warmer, I think as I try desperately to figure out what happened. I do not remember anything from when I walked in, nor do I retain any information when I walk out. Just another blackout ...just another day. n