The Kiss Of Satisfaction | Teen Ink

The Kiss Of Satisfaction MAG

I stretched, struggled and searched for a way to get that delicious chocolate kiss. I was dying, seriously! All that I wanted was to hold that cute chunk of chocolate in the palm of my hand. The silver wrapper, the little tag with "Hershey's" written on it. Adorable! And well, maybe, I'll admit it, I'd love to rub my tongue on the smooth bottom of the morsel.

Now the only problem was that I have to get it out from behind my desk in my room! Why did I knock it off my desk? I had just bought it, fresh from Richardson's Drug.

Behind my desk I found things that I had never imagined would be there: math homework that had "been ripped apart by wild dogs in the darkness of the night while I slept" and the earrings that "someone stole from my gym locker!" and, of course, the ruler that my dad loaned me to do my math homework that I had "returned."

But that stuff wasn't important anymore! All I wanted wass chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

I grabbed my scissors, you know that ones with the orange handles that Mom loves. Carefully I slid them through the crack between my exclusive blue polka dot wallpaper and my desk. I kept reaching , yes! I touched the chocolate. Making sure that I didn't harm my baby, I raked it out. I hurled my scissors behind me - I would put them back later. I grabbed the chocolate between my thumb and index finger. I held it above my head and looked at it with a sense of accomplishment and glory. Now for the good part. Yum! I set my chocolate down on my carpet. On my stomach, lying down, with my chin propped up, I stared at the chocolate. I reached out and pulled the strip of paper marked "Hershey's" while my other hand held the bottom. Very carefully, so I didn't scratch it, I pulled the silver foil down on all sides to the blue carpet. I picked up the kiss and stuck out my tongue. I licked the bottom, the chocolate sealed my tongue with happiness.

Now that is satisfaction! n