Better Than High School | Teen Ink

Better Than High School

College may be a very stressful thing to think about at this time, but some of us have dreams and hopes we want to pursue. A lot of people think of college as heaven, partying all the time and getting to live the real life. Maybe you might get to do all of that and more if you decide to go to college, but maybe not. If you go to college just to party, you may end up skipping classes and you’ll end up dropping out.

In order to go to college you need to graduate from high school. In order to graduate from high school you need the sufficient amount of credits. In order to get all your credits, you need a D or better. In order to get a D or better you need to go to class and pay attention to the teacher. This may be complicated for some, and for me it was. When I was a sophomore I really screwed up on my attendance and that lead me to failure. Leading me to not get enough credits. When I think of my future life, I expect a lot of things; I have a lot of dreams and goals. But first of all I have to graduate high school, and then college.

I heard on the news and did a little research and found out that 8 out of 10 students that don’t go to college and just got a high school diploma have very difficult times finding a job. Also it takes up to a year to find a job for those guys. This means that in order to get a fair job you need to go to college and get a degree.

It is clearly evident that people with a college degree of any kind will make a lot more money than people with only their high school diploma. So why not go to college? You will also make more friendships and you’ll experiment new things. You may not choose to go to college because it costs too much and you can’t afford it. Just know that there are lots of scholarships out there that you can use to your advantage. If you don’t like that idea, you can also borrow money and then pay it off with no interest.

My point is that going to college will be a great experience, but most importantly you will generate more money compared to after high school jobs. High school is important, but college is more important, and just know that it’s not that difficult to get admitted into a college, you just need to study and be constant.