My aunt Carrie | Teen Ink

My aunt Carrie

January 19, 2010
By Poodle BRONZE, Fairmount, North Dakota
Poodle BRONZE, Fairmount, North Dakota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I don't have one.


My cousin Carrie works for the Secret Service. She began her career in 2001 when she was 26 years old. It takes seven months of training to become a special agent. You also need to have a college degree and work experience. The secret service has a mandatory retirement at age 57 so you can’t be older than 37 when you start. The secret service agents protect the president, his wife ,and family. Former presidents receive protection for life. They also protect any visiting political leaders from other countries. Their hours can be 4, 6, or 16 hours a day depending on the assignment.

In 2002, Coleman was running for the senate and President Bush came to Minnesota four times to campaign for him. My cousin, Carrie, was assigned to protect President Bush all four times. They all knew she was from the Midwest so could handle the cold better.

Carrie’s favorite part of her job is traveling – especially overseas. Her least favorite part of the job is having to work holidays. I am very proud of my cousin.


The author's comments:
i hope people will enjoy it.The article is about my cousin carrie.