Future Plans

People have different plans for what they want to do after they graduate high school. Some want to start a family at the ripe age of 17/18; others want to go to college and study. But the majority of us just don’t know. Although I’m still a junior, I have a good idea of what I want to do the first few years after high school.

After I hopefully graduate, my priority will be to expand my education. I want to go to CU Boulder, CU Denver, or maybe Metro State. I chose these schools because they’re diverse in a variety of ways. All these campuses are nice, and they have a good reputation. I think it would be better to live in a dorm, that way I’d get the whole college experience: going out to parties, and meeting new and different people. At either of these schools I would want to study architecture or engineering. I feel like architecture or engineering would be a good career for me because you do different things on the job. You can be in the office working on the computer one day, and outside on a construction site the next. Both of these jobs can also help you make good money.

If my dreams of pursuing a degree we’re crashed because of undesirable circumstances, I have a back-up plan. I’d join the Armed Forces; such as the Marines, Air Force, the Navy, or the Army Reserve. There I would learn many things I wouldn’t be able to learn anywhere else. I would still meet different people and get to travel to different places throughout the world.

I know I’m going to have to work hard to get where I want to go. What ever school I go to I know it is going to be a good one. Architecture or engineering, I know it’s going to be a good job. School and the Armed Forces, either way I hope I get good experience out of it.