Future Plans | Teen Ink

Future Plans

By coronaj BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
coronaj BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

"Keeps'n it real"

People have different plans for what they want to do after they graduate high school. Some want to start a family at the ripe age of 17/18; others want to go to college and study. But the majority of us just don’t know. Although I’m still a junior, I have a good idea of what I want to do the first few years after high school.

After I hopefully graduate, my priority will be to expand my education. I want to go to CU Boulder, CU Denver, or maybe Metro State. I chose these schools because they’re diverse in a variety of ways. All these campuses are nice, and they have a good reputation. I think it would be better to live in a dorm, that way I’d get the whole college experience: going out to parties, and meeting new and different people. At either of these schools I would want to study architecture or engineering. I feel like architecture or engineering would be a good career for me because you do different things on the job. You can be in the office working on the computer one day, and outside on a construction site the next. Both of these jobs can also help you make good money.

If my dreams of pursuing a degree we’re crashed because of undesirable circumstances, I have a back-up plan. I’d join the Armed Forces; such as the Marines, Air Force, the Navy, or the Army Reserve. There I would learn many things I wouldn’t be able to learn anywhere else. I would still meet different people and get to travel to different places throughout the world.

I know I’m going to have to work hard to get where I want to go. What ever school I go to I know it is going to be a good one. Architecture or engineering, I know it’s going to be a good job. School and the Armed Forces, either way I hope I get good experience out of it.

Writing this piece helped me stay focused and keep in mind what I want to do.