Only Seven Days | Teen Ink

Only Seven Days

By Lindsey Day SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
Lindsey Day SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

Only seven days—right? Seven insignificant days of the week. Does it matter what day it is?

Each day is dreadful. I want to sleep in, but all I hear is that beep beep beep—my annoying alarm clock. School is early and the day is never ending. Tired from the weekend. I sit in class thinking about my floor routine. What day is it anyway?...Just another Monday.

The following days are mundane. Wake up. Go to school. Do homework. Go to practice. Do more homework. It does not matter what day it is. Same schedule everyday. Each day is insignificant. Whether it is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. What day is it anyway?...Just another day.

The day is busy. It is time for me to clean. Or to run errands. Or to hangout with friends. Or to compete my floor routine. The day is insignificant. What day is it anyway?...Just another Saturday.

This Day is different. What Day is it? It is a Day of laughter, sarcasm, individuality, and determination. It is neither dreadful nor mundane. It is significant. There are more than seven days—right? Yes. It is the eighth Day.

I have a gymnastics meet. The spotlight is on me. My floor music is all I hear, but I see the crowd screaming, clapping, and cheering. This is my life. My day. It isn't a day like any other. I define this Day. What Day is it anyway?...Lindsey Day.

I had to write a "name" paper. It describes who I am in a creative way. I am the eighth day. I define this day.

KailaLinds said...
on Feb. 11 2010 at 12:08 pm
Hi Lindsey!

I'm your cousin from Maryland and this is really good!! I rated 5 stars, I hope you win.

rga126 said...
on Feb. 4 2010 at 12:05 pm
enjoyed reading this article and was put togther with precise understandin what the author is trying to express her feeling

Lolo said...
on Jan. 25 2010 at 7:51 pm
Lindsey, well done. I think we all feel this way sometimes. I really liked how you ended it up on a high note. You have a very creative flair.

Valentine said...
on Jan. 25 2010 at 5:33 pm
I'm 60 years old and remember before I retired that I felt the exact same way every day almost all my worklife..and I liked my last job a lot! But having the mundane and monotenous days really does make you value, appreciate, and treasure the memories of those few special days.

on Jan. 23 2010 at 6:15 pm
Well said about how all of us have probably felt at times in our lives. Feeling this way longer than a couple of weeks could be reason to seek outside help. Seriously.