Brandon Martin | Teen Ink

Brandon Martin

By KarinaMartin GOLD, Rancho Cucamonga, California
KarinaMartin GOLD, Rancho Cucamonga, California

"Nobody can take away the essence of who you are. Only if you allow it. Don't allow it!

Brandon is my 6 year old brother. His hair is silky, smooth, and long. It’s sort of a dark brown color that is so dark, it almost looks black. His skin is a little different from others. At times it is fair and soft. Yet, at other times, it feels as hard as a statue. He is also a big pest. He is very annoying.

Brandon’s hair helps him a lot. It makes him a lot of money. I call it the “money maker.” Thanks to his hair, he has been in at least four commercials. The kid’s only 6 years old and he’s already making money! That is just wrong. Especially when I’m the oldest! Then again, I do look older than my age, and I can’t blame him for that.

I guess his hair isn’t his only “money maker.” His face gets him jobs, as well. He is very cute. Not just cute. Adorable! It’s all my fault, though. Before he was born, I wished for a brother or sister that looked like me. It’s too bad I was too young to understand what “Be careful with what you wish for” meant. Well, now I know.

Again, I can’t blame him for the way he looks. It’s not his fault. Yet, it is his fault that he is so annoying! I can’t even explain how annoying he is. Well, I could, but I would probably use up the whole page and I don’t have much room left. Though, I guess I could tell you a couple details.

Well, for starters, he’s very attached to me, so everywhere I go, he goes. He’s like a bug glued to me that just won’t come off! Also, when he’s around other children, he can be a real jerk. Plus, he’s even more annoying then he is when he’s by himself. He’s like a monkey. Running around, jumping off walls. I mean, come on, wouldn’t you think that was annoying?!

Now, even though he can get pretty annoying sometimes, he’s still my brother. He loves me a lot, and I love him. Even if he does make more money than I do, all because of his long, skater hair that is so long, it almost covers his eyes. Thanks to him, I may not have to worry about my college tuition. I’m sure he’s willing to share.

.THE END.

What inspired me to write this story was my little brother. I wa bored one day after school and I saw my bother being annoying, as always. Then, I just began to write.