School Spirit | Teen Ink

School Spirit

By sammirose SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
sammirose SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

What are two simple words that define my High School? The answer: school spirit. It’s not the colorful clothes the crazy hair, or the wild makeup on your face. School spirit is so much more than that.
Junior Alicia says, “Its fun to express yourself in your own way, and it seems to be different each year”. Students show off their school spirit by cheering at a football game or simply wearing clothes inspired by your school.
The bright colors and crazy hair are part of the fun. Junior Amber says, “It’s really fun and so cool to dress up. All the neat clothes inspire me to be more independent and more like a leader. No one wears the same thing.”
School spirit is the feeling students get when they walk into a school, attend a pep rally, or go support a football game.
Heidi , a teacher at my high school says, “Of course the source of school spirit comes from within. School spirit is part of what makes education for students more interesting, and the students more willing to participate in activities and become part of the student body.”