Summer Jams

This summer was a summer for music. Crowds went to see bands of different genres performing throughout Wisconsin. Despite rising ticket prices, Arrowhead students attended many of these concerts and shared their experiences.

“Yeah the tickets were a bit pricey,” says junior Lucy who paid $98.00 for her Coldplay ticket. “But definitely worth it in the end.”

Other students had a hard time catching a bus to go see their show.

“I missed my first bus,” says Brandon who went to see the Fray. “I had to wait over a half-hour for the next one to show up.”
Some students, however, disregarded the prices and inconvenient driving and simply enjoyed the music – no strings attached.

“I got really close to the stage,” says junior Heather who saw Lil Wayne. “And he waved to me!”

Summerfest was also a popular spot for Arrowhead kids to go and take in some tunes.
“It was energetic and exhilarating,” says senior Michelle who went to go see Paramore and No Doubt. “(It was) an experience I’ll never forget.”

Now that summer has come to a close, it’s good to know that memories of music will surely live on.

haha4579 said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:48 am
I LOVE Summfest!!!!!