The Circle of Life | Teen Ink

The Circle of Life

Life's a b****....

And if a b*** could be any shape in the world, she would be a circle.

She bounces up from new highs to

low

lows.

With enough force to make a grown man cry....

Curves that make you sweat.....

...

.

No telling where they'll turn.

Cliffs and winding roads that beg for attention.

Life's a b****....

but if you make her yours...

and you treat her right...

she might let you in on a few secrets.

Life's a creature of habit....
A beautiful one...
But one that hasn't got a single new trick up her sleeve.

Oh, she's got plenty up there, that's for sure.

But she's been there...
She'll do that....
And she's got photographs to prove it.

Simple enough, though..
She enjoys long conversations and walks on the beach.
Buy her a Pina Colada, she'll show you a good time.

The infant mortality rate in the United States of America is every 6.69 children in a thousand.

The average life span of an American is
77
years.

Are we all just sleeping? Is this so called "life" merely a dream? A warning sent into our tiny brains reminding us of the god-fearing people we should be, while the real us sleep soundly millions of miles away? Will we awake one day, after mere hours of sleep to have witnessed a whole life flash before our eyes? And God hoping that we learned from it? And if this so-called dream life is to head warning, what do murderers dream of? Do they dream of riotousness? Do they dream of a better tomorrow? Are they the saints and us the sinners?

"I'm going to be a better person!" you decide.
Well good for you!
What is a better person?

And does acting like one, make you one?

"Nuh uh honey, you're gonna go back right where you started."
"No, I'm not. I've come this far, I'm not turning back,"

Oh, the very question of human character.

Pessimism or the eternal optimist?
"If life is a circle, we'll all come around eventually." says the optimist.
"Well, if life's a circle, we're just going to keep living the same blasphemous way we have been for the past two thousand years." the Pessimist says.

Whose right?
You choose.

The grass is always greener on the other side, but is it diseased?
Pretty pretty grass, are you hiding something from us?

"I saw Eternity the other night?Like a great Ring of pure and endless light,?      All calm, as it was bright,?And round beneath it, Time is hours, days, years?      Driven by the spheres?Like a vast shadow mov'd, in which the world?      And all her train were hurl'd;?The doting lover in his quaintest strain?      Did there complain,?Near him, his lute, his fancy, and his flights,?      Wit's sour delights,?With gloves, and knots the silly snares of pleasure?      Yet his dear treasure?All scatter'd lay, while he his eyes did pour?      Upon a flower."*

Brandon had just moved to a new town. It was the first day of school and he was anxious to see how it would compare to the one he had left behind. He was in the 8th grade and was on the verge of a lot of changes in his life. He had grown taller, and his voice was starting to sound more and more like his father's everyday. He was beginning a new chapter, he just knew it....

PATTERNS:
-Stripes
-Checkerboard
-Polka Dot
-Zig Zag
- Loop de loop

TEXTURE:
-Soft
-Feathery
-Hard
-Sharp
-Gritty

ALL. GO. TOGETHER.
To paint this disgustingly beautiful graffiti called life.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Everyone has a type. No matter how open minded they claim to be. Subconsciencely, there is that spark that draws us, as humans, to something or someone. Whether it be, "Oooo! I love the color green!" or "Ahh, look at that tan skin!": there is something.

Hmmmm...

Girl:"Tell me how can you say that life isn't complicated."
Boy: "Because it's not. That's the bottom line."
Girl: "You mean to tell me that everything right now in your life makes at least some kind of sense? I don't believe it. Not for a second."
Boy: "Well good, because then you'd be believing a lie."
Girl: "You're contradicting yourself."
Boy: "No, I'm not. You just don't understand what I'm telling you."
Girl: Puzzled Look
Boy: "Life makes no sense. Whatsoever. But I'm not going to call it complicated, because that is too simple."

Dear Journal:

Life is just one big cycle. Just a thought. I kind of like it though. It gives a certain sense of consistency. Something I think everyone needs, to some degree, to feel comfortable. I am so uncomfortably comforted right now, by the way. So many things have ended in my life, while certain things are coming around full circle.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town."

So Brandon began school and all was well. He made it through the eighth grade. Then his freshman year. And before he knew it, he was a big old sophomore. He lived his life happily, but never forgetting the friends he left behind. In fact, they were what helped him get by in the beginning. He looked for friends that could replace his own. And ironically enough, he found them. This "new chapter" of his life brought him the "new" version of Todd and the "less annoying" version of Lisa.

Types.
Typical.

Happy?
We're all just learning to catch up.

Life inspired me.
:]