Unknown Roads | Teen Ink

Unknown Roads

December 9, 2009
By Brittney Willbanks BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
Brittney Willbanks BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I drive my silver PT cruiser, looking out at the vast road ahead of me. The stereo is turned all the way up and I drive wherever the road takes me. I sing along to the familiar songs of A Rocket to the Moon; the songs that have helped me throughout all my hard times and even the good. I get lost in the lyrics that are blaring through the stereo. I am soon overcome by different thoughts scrambling around in my head.

Driving around always makes me forget my problems and lets me think about my life to come. I wonder where my life is going and I wonder what road I will take in life? I like to think about what my future holds and what will happen in the years to come. Different questions appear in my head and I have no way of knowing how to answer them. There are different possibilities which only time can tell.


I stumble upon unknown possibilities which make me reassess what I’m doing in my life. Sometimes this leads you down a nice well paved road with no obstacles and sometimes you are on a dark and gloomy road that has many obstacles. The dark roads can make you stronger person, which makes you aware that not everything turns out the way it should.

I could drive on for hours and hours just thinking. It doesn’t matter if I know where I am going or if I am driving around getting lost on the millions of roads I have taken. I know that whatever road I chose, will be for the best, but until I find that road, I will continue on driving, trying to chose the best roads for me.