Perfect Imperfection! | Teen Ink

Perfect Imperfection!

By NicoleB GOLD, Co Kildare, Other
NicoleB GOLD, Co Kildare, Other

People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy... and I keep it in a jar on my desk. -Stephen King

When you look in the mirror today, are you happy with what you see? Do you wish you had a flatter stomach, less freckles, no spots & then dash to your make-up bag to plaster your face and hide your insecurities?
Society & the media has built up this fake image of what perfect is.
Size zero, flawless skin, models & actors skipping meals. What's the fun in that?! What's the point in being miserable with your self-image and comparing yourself to other girls your age?
Kate Moss, a famous model, recently said "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".That girl obviously hasn't tasted pizza! People like her are the reason so many girls have low self-esteem because they hate the way they look. Looking in the mirror shouldn't have to be a dreaded chore, instead of pointing out what you hate about yourself, point out the features you actually like! Don't bother with the weighing scales, eat your favorite foods and be happy! Take control of your life and live it to the full! We're all only here once so have fun! Go out with your friends, be yourself and don't care what people think!
No one is perfect, I've got lots of flaws like everyone else but do you know what? I don't care! And neither should you! There's only one of us and we're all unique!
We are all perfectly imperfect!