A crime with mystery | Teen Ink

A crime with mystery

By flagtwiler GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
flagtwiler GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Bang! The glass shattered and two teenagers crawled in through the back window. The kids were in a sanguine mood because they found jewelry and money. While leaving the house, they were phlegmatic so they wouldn’t get caught. The owners were not home because they were on vacation so no one was hurt. The two teenagers got the idea to rob the house from their favorite movie.
Movies and TV shows have a poignant appeal. Movies have action packed scenes, which people enjoy. The garbled teenagers wanted to imitate the scene in the movie. Since they have seen the movie, they knew what they were doing. In an article, it states, “The number of violent acts seen on TV by the age of 18 is 200,000.” This number doesn’t include the number of adults who commit crimes. The crime rates have been increasing over the past 10 years due to these violent shows. Movies and TV shows corroborate these crimes. Criminals think it is okay to commit a crime because it was in a movie. Police are inundating with the crime rate going up and the police force decreasing. Since the police force is decreasing, there is a chance the police are being fruitless. The police can’t find the criminal for each case. The police are zealous about catching the culprits. The culprits are coerced to come into jail by the police.

Violence isn’t the only problem with watching these shows. Addictions are a concern. The drug intake has gone up and people are starting at a young age. Teenagers are starting to try and get addicted. Once they are addicted, they try to get more of it. In the show Friends, Chandler says, “I have been smoking since I was nine. It all started because of my parents.” Children who watch it think it is ok to smoke when they are nine. Later in the episode, they do say it is wrong to smoke at the young age. They try to help him quite.