Grandpa | Teen Ink

Grandpa

By nkorom14 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
nkorom14 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Since I was old enough to remember, my grandpa has been there for me. He comes to my sporting events and teachs me new skills. If I am advocating for change I know he would be by my side. If I am soliciting advice I know I can go to him for help and he will never loath to answer my questions.

My grandparents have owned a cabin up north their whole lives. This is my favorite place to go in the summer because I get to spend a lot of time with my grandpa. He takes me fishing and out hunting. He also helps me with sports and supports me whenever he can. When I was a pitcher, he would scrutinize my technique and tell me what I was doing wrong. He was the one that taught me my nefarious curve ball. I listened to him because I knew he was an astute man.

When I was twelve, my grandpa was diagnosed with a vexatious malady. He had to 7 surgeries. This was brought our family together. We were all afraid that we were going to lose him. After he made it through the last surgery we were all in an amicable state.

In the book It takes a Village, Mrs. Clinton discusses how people besides your parents can help raise you. I agree with this. My grandpa has helped raise me in ways my parents couldn’tP have. He has helped mold me into the caring, friendly and athletic person I am today.