Learn Science and Math Club | Teen Ink

Learn Science and Math Club

By April O&#39Kelley BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
April O&#39Kelley BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri

The Learn Science and Math Club is from Kansas City, Missouri. This club is actually a Homeschool First Lego League robotics team. Their team name is Mindstorm Masters. This team has been around for about five years now. This team has attended tournaments in Kentucky, Liberty Missouri, and Kansas City Missouri. They have received two awards in the previous years, which were for Team Work and Presentation. This team went to Nationals in May of 2009, which was held in Dayton, Ohio. They did what was called a freeze at Union Station. This is where they grabbed the public’s attention by standing still, or “freezing” in place to save our planet. After freezing for five minutes they handed out cards with information about how to help save our planet. This team is smart, intelligent, and has a fun at doing what they do best. I know all of this because I was a Mindstorm Master my self last year. If you would like to find out more about the Freeze and the team you can go to their website, which is
http://www.learnscienceandmathclub.org/index.html.

This is about a robotics team that I though other people would enjoy reading.