Racism | Teen Ink

Racism

By Kameron23Jordan BRONZE, Ballwin, Missouri
Kameron23Jordan BRONZE, Ballwin, Missouri

Racism- “the hatred of one person by another -- or the belief that another person is less than human -- because of skin color, language, customs, place of birth or any factor that supposedly reveals the basic nature of that person…”

If you look around the United States you find many people trying to dress and keep up with the latest styles and shoe game. Since the earlier times of the America there have been many changes in the United States. One thing that hasn’t changed is racism. It’s everywhere and in everything. It’s in music, school, the white house, and even in our favorite restaurants. How does racism affect the daily life of people and where is it? Are we consumed with racism so much that we depict it in our everyday clothes, food, and media?
Looking at today’s society you see many forms of racism. There is some at school and some at public places. It consumes our everyday life and makes us make decisions about what we want to do in life. A & F is a popular brand of clothing worn by many people today. A & F was meant towards the whites and the rich wearing it. It doesn’t use black models and they don’t like blacks wearing their clothing.
Racism has consumed so many people lives over the past decade that it is starting too rise again. It’s even in the media. At the VMA awards Kanye West took the microphone from Taylor Swift at the awards show. He said that she didn’t deserve to win the award and that Beyonce was better than her. Right after that people started posting things on blogs about Kanye. Some on twitter said “kanye west is monkey ass n****r! and should be lynched! taylor swift i love you girl! (these people are going somewhere in life).” Racism has gotten people killed over the last couple of years and many people say it’s on the decline. It can’t be on the decline if you hear it in the little kid’s schools. I heard this one little girl a couple of weeks ago call this one girl a “n****r”, the other girl replied back calling her a “cracker”. It has gotten so bad that elementary school kids are saying it now and it’s not doing anything but hurting people.
Many people think that we should stop the racism. Its impossible for blacks to do it. Black people set themselves up in racism everyday. Black people use the N word and think its ok. If we want racism to stop it should stop with the blacks discriminating against there on selves. We certainly have racism in the United States. There is racism in North Asia; racism in South Asia; racism in South East Asia.

There are many forms of racism. Many people of different of races face racism everyday. Jewish people are some of the most scrutinized everyday because of their race. They seemed to a lot of people as seen by anti-Semites as subhuman but also superhuman devilishly cunning. They are probably one of the most hated races which were the reasons that made Hitler put them in concentration camps. Racism is so powerful that it causes one many to try to exterminate a whole race during World War 2. Blacks and others are seen by racists as merely subhuman, more like beasts then men. Chinese are seemed to be more similar to mythical characters that have been on the Earth forever than just regular men, to racists.

Racism should be stopped because it doesn’t help anything. There have never been anything good coming out of the racism and name calling.

This piece inspired me when Kanye West took the microphone from taylor Swift and i seen the comments on twitter..