The History of Punk Rock | Teen Ink

The History of Punk Rock

By jakepein BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
jakepein BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois

I read the book, The History of Punk Rock by Brenden Masar for my book report. This book is obviously about the genre punk rock which is a type of rock that is rebellious, loud, and very fast. Punk Rock has been around since the seventies when the Ramones pioneered the genre with their performances at CBGB, which was originally a club with folk and country music. But it later became the home of many punk rock bands because that was the popular thing in New York. Two later bands in the seventies that were extremely popular and influential in punk rock music were the Clash and the Sex Pistols. The Sex Pistols consisted of Johnny Rotten, Sid Vicious, Steve Jones, Paul Cook, and Wally Nightingale. The Clash consisted of Joe Strummer, Paul Simonon, Mick Jones, Terry Chimes, and Keith Levene. All three bands have been inducted into the rock n' roll hall of fame. Punk rock today is a little less conterversial but still good. The most successful band of todays era would have to be Green Day. Punk rock will never die.

My love for punk rock and the book The History of Punk Rock inspired me to write this article. Also I had to do this for school. If I didn't do it I would get an F. That's what inspired me to do this article.