Football, Grades, and Driving | Teen Ink

Football, Grades, and Driving

By writerscramp PLATINUM, Green Bay, Wisconsin
writerscramp PLATINUM, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Anyone who says winning isn't everything,
Has won nothing.
``Mia Hamm

Each one of them have a different impact in my life: football; our whole school attends, and as a Junior, it's my job make sure the freshmen actually cheer instead of sitting there texting. (Don't their parents teach them any manners? Sheesh!)

Grades: you work so hard, and so often your disapointed. Don't get me wrong, I get good grades. But when your convinced you've failed, another test comes along and you think you've passed, and you've...failed. Grades=Stress & loss of hair.

Driving: Way of transportation to social events. Needed so you don't have to take Phyllis's smelly bus to school. With the kid who farts. Often.

Now, your probably asking yourself: What does this have to do with anything? Just you wait.

Tomorrow is a football game. The theme is black out. All Black. Some green, a bit of blue. Fun. You get to go all out, and be totally goth (no offence intended!) and have the student stands full of people JUST LIKE YOU! I can't wait.

But, of course, my mother checked my grades. I was gone, well, here at home, but gone from school for a week with the flu. And my Geo/Trig teacher didn't enter in the homework from the week i just turned in today.

Having 5/15 homework assignments entered as zeros hurts your grade a little bit. As in, goes from A to F. My mom got angry, and bye-bye car next week. GRRRRRRRRR

I'm ok. But I need the car. I go to a private school, where just about everyone has a car.
And if you have a car... you don't take a bus. If you do, people ask questions. If you don't say anything, suddenly you've totalled your car in a crash that maimed a child.

Seriously? Could happen in a public school. Amazing imaginations people have, huh?

So you see my delema.
I was given a choice: go to the football game or have the car for a week.

I chose football. My friend is picking me up at the bus stop...
I think...

Has won nothing.
``Mia Hamm

Oh dear. I quick read through this again, and I am apalled at my spelling. Sorry! 

Has won nothing.
``Mia Hamm

Please rate/comment!

write til you can't anymore, then pick up your pen and write some more!

<3

me

FredenbergS said...
Starting to read this passage, I already liked it. When you stated "when your cinvinced you've failed, another test comes along and you think you've passed, and you've failed". I liked this statement because it is extremely accurate. I really liked this passage because it can really describe other people and what they feel like.