Rain | Teen Ink

Rain

By Sophie Macdonald BRONZE, Park City, Utah
Sophie Macdonald BRONZE, Park City, Utah

That moment I stood there. The rain poured. I heard as what seemed to be a never ending amount of raindrops slapped the trees and dirt around me. I felt as the wet rain drops splashed the top of my head. Everything seemed to be so wrong yet so right, right then. Like the world had just stopped and the rain just fell for no reason at all. Tears rolled down my face. I had been there, so close. The sky was grey, and there was a sort of darkness all around. The leaves on the trees had drops of rain ready to fall. Dirt below my feet turned to mud right before my eyes. Everyone knows that smell, the fresh soggy smell of rain. I took a deep breath. Why was I here? Out in the woods all alone when the rain is pouring. I muttered to myself. Well maybe I wasn’t there for any reason. Maybe I was just there to be there. Having a moment in the rain.

on Sep. 13 2009 at 3:06 am
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.

I really like the last line. Great job!