Opinions: Similar close or far away

By , Highlands Ranch, CO
The world is full of many different kinds of people. It's big and beautiful. So people always think that because someone lives halfway across the world, say in this case Austrailia, that they can't understand what we're going through here in the U.S.
That isn't true. I'm become part of a pen pal email program recently. I've been emailing my pen pal from Austrailia for several weeks now. He has similiar things happening in my life that are or have happened in mine. Girlfriend, big tests, bad influences, religion, etc. I have learned a lot from him. I respect his beliefs and he in return has learned to respect my beliefs. We may live far away from each other but it's a good learning experience that shows you that everyone wants the same things.
Love from friends and family, maybe even a boyfriend or a girlfriend, a good future, a happy life, fun things to do, being proud of yourself, and being unique. So if you meet someone who is from another country don't assume that they won't understand your situation. They probably will more than you even realize. So step outside your comfort zone. Meet new people. Try to learn from different people's points of view. You may find a new friend who may remind you that you're not alone.