Memories | Teen Ink

Memories

June 10, 2009
By Anonymous

Many people have a one special moment. They might even have a couple special moments in their lives. This thing we call a “Special moment” don’t always occur daily, but when they do, you remember it for the rest of your life.

I, for instance, have had maybe one or two special moments in my life so far. I will remember them for the rest of my life. I remember when I was about ten, when I was at my grandparent’s house. It was Christmas time so the whole family was there. There are many moments during Christmas, which may be why so many people have the holiday spirit. We were sitting at dinner on Christmas Eve and it had to have been the best dinner I have ever had. Now I don’t mean like food wise, but just overall joy that the dinner brought me. My Grandpa and Dad were cracking jokes left and right. All I remember from that night is that I could not stop laughing all night. It is easily one memory that I will never forget.

I still remember some fun moments in my life, but the great moments are the ones that I will never forget. Another favorite memory of mine comes when I was younger. It was around mid-July and I was at my grandparent’s house on our annual vacation trip. We stay at their house for one week each summer. All of the family gets together and we just enjoy each other’s company all week long. I remember sitting around a bon fire at night just listening to the stories of my families past. These kinds of memories can never be passed up. It was an excellent week and I always look forward to summer because of my family vacations.

Many people may say that they don’t ever have special moments, but I think that’s a lie. Everyone has had that one special moment that will never leave their mind and will stay with them forever. Although these moments don’t come around too often they are very special when they do. They should be cherished in the mind forever.