If they wern't there....... | Teen Ink

If they wern't there.......

March 28, 2009
By bri612 BRONZE, Castorland, New York
bri612 BRONZE, Castorland, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When I was thirteen my grandfather got sick with cancer in the month of November and was said to only have six months to a year to live. My grandpa was the only friend I really ever had he would take me fishing and hunting he taught me everything I know. When my mother told me my grandpa had cancer I cracked. I didn’t know what to say to him that night when I got home I just cried and cried. About three weeks after we learned he was sick my cousins Brandon and Ben and there mom Vicki came around a lot and helped us out. Vicki became my second mom and still is. My grandfather just got sicker and sicker chemotherapy did not help. On March 1, 2008 he passed away that night was the worst night of my life. After that I didn’t really care anymore I lost what meant most to me in this world and I started thinking stupid stuff. Even though he is gone he is still here my cousin would say after a while I didn’t believe him anymore. In that one year I have lost my grandpa, my old friends, and some family. You can say I am pretty messed up because I know I am but I would be worst if it wasn’t for Brandon and Ben and Vicki. I have done a lot of things this past year I know my grandpa would not be proud of but everyday for me is another chance to make things better. The day we buried my grandpa was worst then the night he died I lost it completely that day but like always Brandon was there to save me he just held on me and would not let me go. Even though so much has happened this past year the only thing in my life that has not changed is my cousins if it wasn’t for them I probably would not be writing this today they have been my rock for this year and whenever something is wrong one of them is there to put me back on my feet again. Yes it is still a struggle for me everyday I get a little stronger though and that’s how I want it to be without them I would have lost it and even though we fight sometimes we know we still love each other and will always be there for each other………