Don't Think I Don't Think About It. | Teen Ink

Don't Think I Don't Think About It.

One day, out of the blue, she left. Well, I guess it wasn't out of the blue. It had been leading up to this for a long time.

Divorce, Gosh I hate that word. All of the things she did. You would think that I wouldn't talk to her again. All of the lies and secrets, all of the things she put me through. Was it worth it? Wait, I don't want to know.
To think that when it all came out, all of the lies and secrets, she left to be put on the seventh floor. One day an awesome mom, my best friend, just up and left. People say they have intolerable pains; well that is a pain like no other.
The day I went to see her, she looked dead. The hate in her eyes when she saw me was fierce. I thought she wouldn't ever forgive me for outing her. Ruining her perfect like of having a husband, a beautiful family, and let's not forget her dirty scum bag boyfriend all at the same time.
Wow, I never thought I would see my mom at that low of a point. Not to mention, my dad was crushed. He was a hard working man thinking that he had a great life and a great family. Man, was he wrong.
Why I kept my mom's horrible secrets as long as I did, I don't know. Why did I fall for all of her lies? I don't know.
Divorce, oh how I hate that word. Luckily, I got over it. Now things are back to being somewhat normal.
My parents are divorced. My mom is pregnant with her boyfriend's baby. I live with my dad. He has a girlfriend that lives with us. She has three kids. We are all happy now. I forgave, but will never forget all of the hurt. Mom, don't think I don't think about it.

on Jul. 27 2009 at 5:46 am
Micheline BRONZE, Lawrenceville, Georgia
wow...this is great writing...and sorry if you had to go through that i can relate...a bit