Somethings dont work out.

As a child I never understood. As the days go by it gets more and more understandable. I always loved my parents and I always will. I just couldn't get a clear picture of why they couldn't love each other for my sake and happiness.
I was just about seven years old when i started realizing that my parents were not happy anymore(at least not together). At seven years old it was very difficult for me to understand why all of the anger and dislike was displayed through the household. When i was eight years old my parents separated. My mother moved to Chicago and took my younger brother,Aristote, with her. This was probably the hardest part of my life. My dad is a great parent, but an eight year old needs her mother by her side. My father and i struggled for a while because it was just the two of us. He had to work and i would sometimes stay home by myself. Fortunately, we got back on our feet.
I don't know how i did it but, even through that tough time i was still doing great work at school. I believe it was my father being there to tell me every single day that it will be OK.
Four years later, my younger brother came back to live with us. During the summer of 2007, we moved down to Georgia, and started a new chapter of our lives. For a while my dad was searching for a job, and after praying and letting God take control he got a great job. The job was enough to support us and give us all of our needs and wants.I also started middle school. I got put into gifted and honors classes. I continued to excel in all my classes. This past year i got elected as president of the 7th grade class. I also got perfect attendance and an athlete award for outstanding performance in my physical education class. My brother is also doing very well.
Today my family is doing great! My mom is re-married and now has a little one year old named Nathan. My father on the other hand, just got engaged and is preparing for the wedding! my brothers and I are also doing wonderful. A little note to anyone going through your parents divorce: somethings don't work out and it is not your fault! And always remember "this too shall pass"!

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

kingettblue This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2009 at 4:28 pm:
I have to say I liked this article. Even though I did hear a few grammar mistakes in there I don’t believe that is what should define a piece of writing. I have been through child abuse so I can relate some what to this. I'm glad that you didn't, and don’t focus on the negative of the situation, and you write an inspirational piece instead. The reason I gave this a 4 is because of its length. It was to short in my honest opinion. The writing was good though. It had a nice conve... (more »)