My Dream | Teen Ink

My Dream

June 17, 2009
By Tate Wright BRONZE, Snoqualmie, Washington
Tate Wright BRONZE, Snoqualmie, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My Dream


Dear Uncle Ryan
Elk hunting has been my dream ever since I heard you tell me how fun it is. After I saw grandpa’s elk hunting pictures, I have had a burning desire to go elk hunting. So it would be so cool if you could take me. Now that I am 13 years old and responsible, I’m good to go elk hunting. If I get to go elk hunting I can chip in some money and I have all the right gear. Elk hunting has been my dream since I was a little kid.
Every year I ask my mom if I am old enough. She always says no. But now I think I’m old enough because I always see little girls and boys only six years old and they already have got an elk and it was so big they had it shown on TV. I have been trying to earn elk hunting by doing lots of chores and staying out of trouble. My brother and I don’t fight anymore. This year I have got all A’s and B’s. I think I am responsible enough to go hunting because I can watch my brother and sister when my mom and Pete is goon.
If I get to go elk hunting I got all my own gear. I have water proof pants and coat and really warm overalls, all in camo. But the best thing about it is I just got brand new night vision binoculars and a trill came I would love to use them for the first time ever up at elk camp. Don’t worry about a gun, because I could use grandpa’s gun.
The last thing I have to say is I have been saving all my birthday money and all the money I have earned in the past year. I think I have about 85 dollars so I could pay for at least half of the cost if I get to.
If I get to go elk hunting, you are the only one I want to go with. So it would be cool if I could go with my uncle for the first time ever. Elk hunting has been my dream for a very long time.

The author's comments:
I am an avid outdoorsman and am lucky enough to live in a place that has such wonderful natural resources. Sometimes school is tough so it does me good to get out into nature.