What's so bad about a name? | Teen Ink

What's so bad about a name?

By julianna0521 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
julianna0521 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

My name means youthful and graceful. 

But  my name does not really relate to this. it would be disorganized. it kind of just looks like a bunch of letters jammed together to make a name. 

My name just looks like a mess to me. I am also not the most organized person ever. 

My name is like the ocean. It is calming and relaxing and you go there to get away from something. 

Which reminds me of myself. I try to get my mind off things by going somewhere or talking to someone about what is bothering me. 

Everyone pronounces my name as Julie-anna when they first meet me, until I correct them. If it was spelled with only 1 N people would say it as Julie-Ana, which is really how you are supposed to say it. 

The only nickname I have heard someone call me is Jules and it's just not my favorite. If I could have a nickname I would change the spelling of my name to Giuliana. That way I could be called Gigi. It fits me better. 

I have only ever met 2 other people with the same name as me. One, coincidentally works with me, but her name is only spelt with one N. And the other is a sophomore, who spells her name with a G. 

I like the uniqueness of my name because no one gets me confused with someone else. I think Julianna is just the right name for me, and nothing else would be better. 

I wrote this piece for my composition class at school.