Elegance and Simplicity of Budino | Teen Ink

Elegance and Simplicity of Budino

By Author3946 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Author3946 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear younger self, 

I look forward to the day you will taste the most delicious dessert made. Inspired by the dessert that takes you back to that hot summer night in your childhood. The first layer with its toasted marshmallow resting apon brown-butter toasted graham crackers feels like a summer night around a campfire where your dad helped you roast your first marshmallow of the season. The French chocolate mousse compressed between the crunch of crackers and the creamy custard sends your senses back in time to when the melted chocolate oozed from the cracker and onto your lap. As you dive deeper into the dessert you find a thick layer of the craved caramel custard. Its familiar taste reminds you of a sweet summer sandwich. Its flavors dance on your tongue. The marshmallows and crackers tango as they blend perfectly together. The silk of the chocolate danced its waltz with such elegance. The custard’s caramel flavor breaks through in its own contemporary flavor. I look forward to you finding the same gaiety you found on those summer nights, in a s’more budino. 

~Sincerely,

Older self.