Quis Custodes Ipsos Custodes | Teen Ink

Quis Custodes Ipsos Custodes

June 1, 2009
By Nirex BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
Nirex BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Do you enjoy scary stories and haunted houses? I will tell you about a scary house I lived by. This house was located in Spanish Fork, Utah.

First of all, this house the gargoyle house was a castle. The giant stone monstrosity towered over the other houses. It was two or three stories high with turrets that twisted into the sky. Dozens and dozens of windows covered it. Finally, the most incredible part of the house’s façade was the many gargoyles that stood as sentries over is the house.

Now, it’s time for a little history lesson. What are gargoyles? Gargoyles are menacing statues placed outside of a house. People used to and may still believe that gargoyles frightened away evil spirits. People began using gargoyles around the Rennaissance period. Class is now dismissed.

Now, this is the funny part. The owners of the gargoyle house enjoyed getting into the Christmas spirit. They would place Santa Claus hats on the Gargoyles’ heads. Those were some very happy looking gargoyles. Or not they still looked grumpy.

I hope you were not scared to death, or rather laughed yourself silly. That is the story of the gargoyle house.