abusive relationships | Teen Ink

abusive relationships

By Kylon Givens BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
Kylon Givens BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia

Abusive Teen Relationships are everywhere in America. In fact most of the abusers in an abusive relationship are men. There are many cases of murders involving jealousy, rage and flirtatious acts. Most abusive relationships have many signs that they are very dangerous and something nobody should have to be in. It is also a fact that 1 in 11 high school students are hurt by a date. I was reading this story about a young girl named Sarah who fell in love with this boy who was athletic and who was very charming and funny. What nobody knew was that on the inside he was a very controlling person and wanted whoever he was with to spend all of their time with him. Sarah was different though. She wanted to spend time with her boyfriend but missed the quality time with her friends and her family and that angered him on the inside.
So he beat her and told her that if she left him he would kill her. So she felt trapped in a relationship. Feeling trapped in a relationship is very unhealthy for not only yourself but your partner also. Whenever you feel trapped in a relation you should instantly try to break free it may hurt for a little while but it will feel better though as time progresses.
Abusiveness can also be performed in different ways. For example, although most girls nowadays are quick to have sex with their partner there are still a few girls out there that want to wait until marriage and boys nowadays are used to getting it easy and not having to work for it. So they try to force their partners to have sex with them even though the girls don’t really want to but feel forced to because if they don’t they might lose their love. I think having sex with your partner should be something you both want to do. I don’t think either member of the relationship should be forced to do it because that is an abusive relationship.
Another way of abuse is mental abuse which can really mess with your mental state.
Relationships should be full of love and care for one another. They should be something you enjoy and can have fun with. You should have an open relationship in which both of you guys can talk about anything. Abusive relationships need to be stopped before there is no more love in the world! And I need Love!!!

EssEnce.S said...
on Oct. 14 2010 at 1:43 pm
Yes this is very true.!

on Jun. 16 2009 at 1:40 pm
pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
Very true!!!