Missing the Fall | Teen Ink

Missing the Fall

May 21, 2009
By arturo santana BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington
arturo santana BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Missing the Fall
It was my senior year in high school and I was getting ready for prom. I had asked the girl that I liked to go to prom with me. She said yes but she didn’t know that I liked her so it was a secret for now.

Prom day came and we were both getting ready. I went for her at around 8:30 p.m. and we went to prom. I was planning on telling her I liked her during a song I was going to ask the D.J. to play for me. She didn’t really want to dance so we spent most of the night talking with each other and friends. It got boring after a while so we left 30 minutes before it ended. I never got a chance to tell her.

A few weeks went by, and I was planning on telling her. I’m very shy when it comes to these type of things so that’s why it took so long to say. It was a Sunday, Mothers Day actually, and I was determined to go to her house and tell her straight out, but then things suddenly changed. She txt me around mid day saying that she found out that I liked her, and she told me that she doesn’t feel the same way about me as I did her.

After hearing that news I stopped, I felt like I was going to fall. I started to cry. I went for a drive in my car to think about what she told me before I went to her house. I texted her saying I wanted to talk to her, but she would say no because she felt weird talking right now, so I said ok.

I went to her house later that day to hang out with her. We made a promise that nothing would change, that we would always remain best friends. We still hang out everyday and talk. It seems like if she would give me a chance but I know she wont. It hurts me to think about her, but it hurts me more not to. Even though I should move on and forget about her I can’t. I hope that she realizes how much I cared for her before it’s too late. After experiencing this heart breaking moment, I learned that you should fall in love with someone who doesn’t play with your emotions and is willing to catch you.